Monday, July 14, 2008

The Pool, Benjamins, North Channel





This post is written by Geneva: Hey everyone out there! Sorry we haven’t been updating you on the blog but Erin and I are here to catch you up. Well to start with, we just came from the Benjamin’s and the water is FREEZING!!!!!!! We have been having the best time of our lives (well so far). The first thing we did when we got there was go hiking and you won’t believe what we saw. Once we got on land (I drove the dinghy) we were climbing up these huge, pink rocks, and we actually saw a fox coming down the hill. My mom was bustling to get her long lens and you wouldn’t believe it (but we have pictures to prove it) the fox came right up to us not 2 feet away from me and it was almost like it was posing for us! The next time we saw it, it had caught a squirrel. Yum! The next day my parents taught Erin and me to….. Snorkel! I loved it and so did Erin, so much that our parents say they created monsters because we wanted to keep snorkeling in the freezing cold water. Later that day my dad took me around the island in the dinghy to see if we could make it around and we went really fast. I wanted to go snorkeling again, so when I got back Erin wasn’t there turns out she had followed us in the kayak and was going around the island. Her battery had died so she didn’t answer when we called her on the radio. My dad and I went looking for her but it probably took her 1 hour to get around the island with the huge enormous waves. When we went all the way around the island there she was sitting on the boat. I was astonished that she had made it all the way around. Well that’s one adventure she or anyone else will ever forget! The last day there we found our treasure. It was one of those plastic 50$ sailing plates and it was in perfect shape. We found it on the bottom of the lake! That’s one treasure but we hope to find more! That’s the end of what I have tot say for now! See you guys soon!

Update from Erin:


I will be writing about a place we went called Turnbull. Two of the couples we were traveling with split from us. We made up for it. We met 4 new people. They had two kids one named Eric and one named Becca. Becca was nine years old and Eric was ten years old . They had a sail boat called the Blue Moon.
They let us ski behind there dinghy. So we took them tubing and had a ton of fun.

I will also write about a place we went to named “The pool”. Wow do I have a lot to say about this place. Well, we got to go on a hike with the bugs buzzing in our ears. We hiked a mile uphill, then…we made it to the most beautiful place that I have ever been in my life. You could hear the birds chirp. You could not see the bottom of the water because it was so deep. The water was a blue, clear color but it was cold. I mean not cold dry ice freezing! I had to wear a wet suit to get in the water and it was still cold .We found a cliff that we could jump into the water. To warm up we did a little bit more hiking and we found the jackpot on blueberries. They were good even though they weren’t in season yet. Okay now back to earth, that night the mosquitoes were bad. What do I mean by bad??? Geneva counted 32 bites. Yah, that bad. Well that is my update.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Erin & Geneva!!
It's exciting to read your blog entries!!! It sounds like you are having a wonderful trip to the North Channel. We have been to all the places that you are visiting in the North Channel. Mark and I have been playing "name that place" while looking at the photos! Isn't snorkeling fun!!! Just wait until you get south and go snorkeling down there in the clear blue, warm waters!! It will only get better!!!
Keep writing on the blog. Mark and I are following your trip. Have fun.

Sue & Mark

Mariann said...

Hi Erin and Geneva!
It was great to read your updated blog. Please let us know where you are now and everyplace you have been since we split. We really miss traveling with you. Say HI to everyone. What has been your favorite places so far? Write again soon.

Dan and Mariann

dcnicmat said...

Erin and Geneva, Sounds like you are having a great time!! I love looking at the pictures and reading about your adventures. Stay safe and have fun, Love Aunt Carol

Mariann said...

Hey Erin and Geneva-
Your "spot" says you are in MACKINAW!!!???!!! Way to go!

Mr. Luce said...

Hi Sandridge clan. Looks and sounds like a great time. Beautiful country up there, I'm jealous. High School percussion started up this week. We leave for HS band camp in two weeks. Summer is flying by. Take care and enjoy this great opportunity. Sincerely,
Mr. Luce

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! Sorry for not posting before, Erin and Geneva, I've finally been able to figure out how this blogging thing works!!! Yes!!! Anywho, I'm so happy that you guys are coming back in a few weeks!! All of us @ practice miss you guys A LOT!! (Don't worry, we'll catch you up on everything that's happened this summer when you get back:)) I'm counting down the days 'till you, what, about get back I guess? LOL. It's looks like you guys have had so much fun. Well, take care for the rest of your trip!!!
LYLAS (to both of you),
Halle :)

Dana said...

Hi erin and Geneva!!! Sounds like you guys are having a blast! The pictures are amazing!!!! :] I can't wait to hear more about everything! Send me an email or two! Lylas- Dana

GD/GM said...

Hi everyone!!
Great adventure.....it looks like you are at the top of the trip and will be coasting south from now until August. It's all downhill so it should be a breeze (pun intended). Where are you going to hang out when you get back to Sandusky. You are certainly welcome to come here....very few mosquitos...cool air rolling out of Bark Run. See you soon. Love GD&GM

2Keuka said...

Hi Sandridge family,

Loved reading everyone's notes, Sheryl's e-mail as well as Erin and Geneva's blogs. Sounds like quite the adventure so far, fantastic. Keep us updated, we land-locked Hestley's will be enjoying ourselves vicariously through you guys. Looking forward to seeing you during your pit stop before venturing out again.

*mir_&_DUH* said...

Hey....this is Miranda Sherry's oldest grandaughter. The places you have been to sound like really fun. All I've been to is here and there in Ohio. My school starts soon so I'll try and talk to you when I'm in computer class cause I won't have very much time during the day with volleyball and my chores. So how have you guys been? This summer at the boat has been boring without you guys here. You guys are so lucky you get to go to all of these exciting places. Well have to get off. Miss you guys. ttyl.

swimmrox13 said...

Hi Geneva & Erin!
It sounds like you guys are having an AWESOME time!!! I wish your visit could last longer! anyways, snorkeling sounds so cool! (even tho ive never done it b4!!) Keep on having TONS of fun and have a safe rest of the trip!
luv ya! ~kellyn~

Olivia Kreft said...

The pool looks really cool! I would love to swim in it because I am afraid of big fish and there are no fish in there. The fox is so cute and I can't believe he came so close. The pictures are so beautiful of the trees and the pool. You are so lucky!
Olivia