Friday, November 28, 2008

Florida - Getting ready for the Bahamas















































This is a post by... Geneva!: Thank you, Thank you very much! a lot has happened over the last week or so where to begin....
Yea! We are finally in Florida and I'm in a bathing suit! This is the first time in Sandridge history that I, Geneva Anne Sandridge, is in a bathing suit for Thanksgiving and hopefully Christmas. I also want to say.. Happy Thanksgiving! well at least belated. For Thanksgiving we had fun but not as fun as seeing our cousins. Actually I think it was equal to the fun with our cousins and family. We had two Thanksgiving meals. One with friends Brian and Linda at their great home and a huge pot luck dinner at Vero Beach with around 150 people. Last year they had so much left overs they gave it to the homeless shelter! But they probably didn't have a lot this year now that the Sandridge family has been here! Any way, I was really glad we got to meet up with Brian and Linda. Let me tell you if I wanted to live in Florida that is probably the best house to buy!! They also graciously lent us their car to go to the zoo and cooked a phenomenal Thanksgiving type dinner! My favorite part was feeding the birds. Except when one pooped on my head, that was nasty. :) When we rafted at Vero beach it was the only place that sold bathing suits because it's, wait for it, "winter" isn't that's weird!? I mean it was like 80 degrees outside and they had UGG boots and parkas in the stores!! Also, we saw our friends Bird on a Wire for the last time today until February!! :( This is also our last post until who knows? ) So I just want to say a few things.... I'll miss you guys, Merry Christmas, Happy New Years, Happy Valentines day and all the other holidays between here and when we are back! Puppy Dog Chow! Peace.

Hey ya’ll!! It is Erin! I have to tell any one and everyone reading this that I will be in the Bahamas. Yea! We will only get Internet in some places.We will not update the blog very often, so sorry readers. I had to tell you that so you did not think that we fell off the face of the earth. We could but I am thinking not. This morning we had to part with our friends which we have been traveling with for a month now. It was a very sad event. We hope to see them again in a few months. Well anyway lets talk about happy things. We had such a great time with them. We would watch movies and play games all the time. We had a great time with them. We also got to see some of my dad and mom’s good friends, Brian and Linda. They brought us to their house. When you would walk in the front door there was a swimming pool that had a hot tub that drained into the pool by a little waterfall. They also gave us the best home cooked meal I have ever had. We also got to go to the zoo. We also fed the birds. They would sit on your back, your hand and your head, it was really cool. One bird sat on me and would not get off even when I ran out of food. It would nibble on my finger. It would go over to Geneva and nibble on her finger and always come back to me. I guess my finger tasted good.



We spent Thanksgiving at Vero Beach with about 150 other boats going south. It was great, we had a lot of food and a lot of people. Jack and Kris from our Marina came to visit and take us to lunch. It was great to see them, they bought Geneva and me chocolate peanut butter cream pie. Well that’s my update. You will get some soon so don’t be sad, smile!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, Geneva, how is this true? "This is the first time in Sandridge history that I, Geneva Anne Sandridge, is in a bathing suit for Thanksgiving and hopefully Christmas." Unless, you guys are never at practice at these times at some point during break, how is this true? Things are going well at home and we have gotten our first major snowstorm. We got about 5-6 inches, or so. ALSO, i forgot. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, GENEVA!!!!!! You're 12, now right? Cool. (im now 14! - nov.10!!)
Well, it looks like you guys are finally off and on your way. Have loads of fun and try as best you can to stay in touch.

<3, Halle

PS> The parrots and the hot tub look cool. =]

suzlovesollie said...

Hey guys it's Suzanne!! Sorry I haven't been in touch for ages!!!! It looks like your having an amazing time traveling the world!! I think your next stop should be in New Zealand. ;) hehe So here is your official invite!! Christmas at my place next year!! Lol I'm not exactly sure where to post this but I have been keeping up with your page!!! It's awesome!! I really want to buy one of those international phone cards and give you guys a ring!! When you get an internet connection there give me a message or email and I'll but a phone card so we can have a long overdue chat!!! Miss you all heaps!!!!! xoxo =) Be good!! Love You!!