Sunday, November 9, 2008

New Bern layover












Within the time that I wrote on the blog last and now, we have been in North Carolina. Our two cousins, Mark and Brendon have joined us on our grandparents boat. My grandparents are also travelling with us. We got to stay two weeks at my grandparents house in North Carolina. It was cold there. Well, cold for North Carolina. It was 32 degrees!!!!!! We had some friends down near where my grandparents lived and they drove us to a military base camp with a beach to search for shark teeth. There were a lot of shark teeth. We hope to be in South Carolina soon. Including South Carolina, I have been to 7 states in the U.S. Plus I got to go to Canada! We are now on the tip of Myrtle Beach. Having fun and hope you are too. My dad and mom got to see people that they had traveled with 20 years ago. They talked to them and I got to play with there dog.
Erin out.


This is a post by Geneva: Hey! Sorry I haven't been writing lately but I have a lot to tell all of you Where to start..... oh I know! We went to the one and only Camp LeJeune!!! Yay!!! Folks, this Marine base is huge when you get there the only thing you here is BOOOMMM, hey look at the that Tank crossing the road! Hey look at the beautiful..... beaches?! Yes its true they have beaches. We figured that out when Al and Jean graciously took us there and found shark teeth! It's was so cool because since the beaches are closed to the public there are shark teeth everywhere! Of course we would have walked by all of them if the lovely Sue hadn't shown us what they looked like (little black, pointy,triangular rocks). I got at least 30. Also during that week we saw Al and Jean at their lovely house (I love your house!!) with of course Aurora their dog! We got to see Mark and Sue in the awesome, quaint, rockin' f.r.o.g room house!! Now I'm not going to brag or anything but this is how you should live..... IN THE BAHAMAS and ANY PLACE WARM!! You know how up North everyone has those brick houses or a brown house.... well these Southern people know how to live! Bright pink bases, red roofs, 5 story, wrap around porches..... I think I can get used to this! See you later Alligators! Now you say "After while Crocodile!"

2 comments:

dcnicmat said...

Girls, good to hear from you, it's been almost a month since you posted something!! Geneva, you absolutely cannot live in a pink or blue house up north. The snow would laugh at you! What are you doing with all of those shark teeth? Hope you had a great birthday, and the brownies were good. Be good and be careful, Love Aunt Carol

Anonymous said...

yo, good to hear from you girls! and i'm sorry i forgot to email you to say: HAPPY BIRTHDAY GENEVA!!!!!!!


hope all is well. enjoy the good weather. it's raining and 40 degrees in Cincinnati. but hey, if our football team wins out i may get to come down to Miami soon for a bowl game.

keep in touch,
Nicky.