Monday, September 15, 2008

New York City from Geneva

This is a post from Geneva: Hey everyone sorry I haven’t been in touch lately! Anyhow we have had an exciting week here in New York City! The City, first of all it’s almost like I would have imagined. Busy people. Shopping everywhere!!! But most of all hotdogs wherever you look!!!! The only thing different is that the subways are clean (even if they are confusing, we had a bad start with them but at least we didn’t get on the wrong train!) and people are helpful there. The first thing we did there was say “Lets go the World Trade Center Museum!” It was sooo cool what they had planned for it on about…. 3 years! There is only going to be one really tall and a short one. The bases of the original twin towers are going to be made as a memorial into reflective pools. As much as we wanted to see a show on Broadway (you’d have to wait 2-3 hours in the morning and because they would be sold out if you were at the end of the line) but the amazing thing was I wanted to see Wicked again and it was sold out! How long you ask? 3 years!!!! Also the cool thing is that in New York City they have a three story tall M&M world!!! And a huge one story Hershey store! It was heaven because they were right next to each other! In case you’re wondering we saw the Naked Cowboy!!!! Yes, he really wears underwear that says Naked Cowboy, yes he really can play the guitar and yes he really doesn’t mind that he’s walking around New York City in his underwear!! On the rainy day with the left over wind and rain from Hannah we went to the mall across the street and wandered around. Erin and I got fake streaks in our hair! Erin got a green streak with a shiny bow pony tail holder and I got a blue streak with 3 Sparkly bow clips (pink, blue, and green)! Well those are all the high points but this last detail really is high because we went on a tour in a Double Decker bus! It was so high if you would have stood up you would face a threat of decapitation!

5 comments:

asanduskapiggiesdad said...

Geneva,

I really don't think you needed to say it was a post from you. It talked about shopping, food, Broadway, and the Naked Cowboy ... who else would post that combination?!

It was poignant that I was looking at your pictures of NYC, and the WTC area, on the eve of 9/11. What did you think when reading the message boards at the museum?


Have fun and study hard,
MP

asanduskapiggiesdad said...

Geneva,

I forgot to ask if you have you sax with you. I saw you playing your clarinet in one set of pictures and was wondering if you're just a clarinetist while on the boat or if you also have you sax.


Cheers,
MP

dcnicmat said...

Geneva, Exactly how many hot dogs did you eat? Did Erin eat any, somehow I doubt it!! Where are the pictures of the naked cowboy? Did you get me any M&M's or Hershey Bar? I loved the pictures of the Statue of Liberty, the sky looked ominous. Sounds like you are having a great time, your mother sent me a picture of you with your first tuna- did you eat it? Talk to you later, be good. Love Aunt Carol

Anonymous said...

geneva, glad to see you guys are having fun. i've always wanted to go to New York. i'll make it someday i suppose. tell your sister hi, and your mother Happy Birthday for me. shoot me an email sometime at moscatng@email.uc.edu

Nick

asanduskapiggiestwin'sister said...

Hey everyone so many questions!!! Anyhow thanks for the comment MP and Happy Birthday Aunt Carol! For my moms Birthday we got here a german chocolate cake with the icing! And sorry we didn't get you anything and if we had it would probobaly be gone by now! Hey Nicki! I'll be sure to email you! Also I am studying hard and once I come back... well lets say this I'll be grateful for School back home when I'm with my Friends and Not Dr.Evil!!!! :)