Monday, October 13, 2008

Washington DC, Baltimore








This is a post by the one the only Geneva!!! : Hey everyone we have had a, um, interesting two weeks! We anchored, broke the belt on the engine, blew the alternator, and as if anything couldn't get any worse we ran out of Popsicles! I know I know it's a tragic story!!! :) Now the high points you might want to sit back for a while... We are finally in DC and it is amazing!
It's just like the pictures, The Capitol here! The Monument there! Also a spy museum with all the history of spy's, traitors and old ladies with loose lips! I had an under cover name, Maria Rivera. After that we went to the BEP (Bureau Engraving and Printing) Where they make all the money and WOW! To much money! There was a stack of it as tall as me! I measured myself and I am worth $666,440 smackers.
Now go back in time to the olden ages of, well, last week. You all know from Hairspray, the song 'Baltimore"- "Good Morning Baltimore, every step's like an open door" and all that. Can you guess where we were? Starts with a 'Balt' and ends with a 'imore'. And let me tell you there are peeps everywhere. There goes a jogger and here comes a biker and hey watch out for that .... ouch... ice cream stand. Every night people, live music around every corner, and don't forget the trapeze training. They have the coolest aquarium with live fish, Puffs, Penguins, Sharks and of course Monkeys. This place is amazing! It never sleeps. Now my long time partner Erin will take it away.
Later - Geneva




Also - I can't forget to thank Uncle Alex and Aunt Jan for taking us ashore and feeding us ice cream and picnic stuff at their house. And another thank you to Dan and MaryAnn for visiting and driving us to the store to resupply the Popsicles.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girls, i'm glad to see you're having a good time. i haven't been to DC in 3 years, and i've been meaning to get back. anywho, we miss you. i'm glad you update the blog so that we can stay in contact. feel free to check mine out at nickmoscato.wordpress.com or shoot me an email. travel safe.

best,
Nicky

Terri said...

Hi Sandridge Family,

Wow, we are amazed at all of your adventures and truly love hearing about them. What a trip of a lifetime. Have fun and keep enjoying whatever you come across. It will soon be time for the snow to fly here .... UUUGGGHHHH! Take care.

The Zeaman Family

dcnicmat said...

Geneva, Sounds like you are having a great time. Glad you got some more popsicles! We are supposed to get our first frost this weekend, I know you miss it! The leaves are beautiful and Halloween is in the air. Any holiday that involves chocolate is one of my favorites and I know yours. Be good, get your school work done and have fun. Miss you, love Aunt Carol

Anonymous said...

classic drama queen Geneva. :P :) Looks like you're havin tons of fun and you're seeing a lot of cool stuff. Um, most of my things for you and Erin are on Erin's post, so you can look at those two posts for my comments. (Sorry, I forgot I was still on Erin's.)

Love,
Halle